VIKAND Direct is a subscription-based telehealth service that helps connect captains with shore-based maritime medical professionals. Using secure satellite technology, you’re able to remotely connect with VIKAND’s medical team anywhere at sea. The service includes but is not limited to monthly “check-ups” with crew and mental wellness support and counseling.
- Access to a full suite of medical services
- Provides access to certified medical professionals onshore with maritime experience
- Easy-to-use audio, video, and text communication
- Connects using secure satellite technology for uninterrupted communication
- Functions in low-bandwidth environments
1.2 Install VIKAND Direct
- Install the VIKAND Direct mobile app from the Google Play store for Android phones and App store for iOS devices.
- Access the VIKAND Direct web app by typing the following URL in the browser window- (Chrome recommended).URL:www.vikanddirect.com
- For first-time use, if you have received your login credentials via email, follow the instructions in the login section.
- If you have not received the login credentials via email, register by entering your name, and email address and creating a password.
- Enter the License Key received from the Vikand Customer Support team or via email.
- Click on the “Create Account” button. A new screen automatically appears asking for the verification code.
- An email is sent to the registered email address with a ‘Verification Code’ that is required to complete the registration process. (if you don’t see it in your inbox, please check the spam folder too)
- Enter the 6-digit verification code sent via email on the verification code screen.
- Click Done, to log in to the app the first time.
A returning user or a user who has received the login credentials via email needs to log in using the registered email address and password received via email or used while creating the account.