onship Contacts are a crucial part of your maritime communication system. They include a list of maritime ranks, shore contacts, helplines, and users' personal contacts from their phone directory. onship Contacts are categorized into two types: onship Contacts and Personal Contacts.
- To add a new contact to your onship Contacts, you typically need to connect with the user and request their approval. They can then add you to their contacts.
In order to send a request and add Platform contact/onship users to your 'Contact' list in the onship app user must follow the following steps:
i. Touch on the 'Contacts' icon present at the bottom of the home page.
ii. Touch the search bar (Search app contacts).
iii. Type the name of the onship user/platform contact you want to search and add.
iv. Touch the 'Connect' button associated with the contact. (Note: Once you touch the 'Connect' button a request will be sent to that user)
v. Wait, till the requested user accepts the request.
vi. The contact will be added to your 'Contact' list in the onship app, once the request is accepted.
Note: The user's contact will also be added to the requested user's 'Contact' list.
Accept onship contact requests?
In order to accept a request and add Platform contact/onship users to the 'Contact' list in the onship app please follow the following steps:
1. The user will receive a notification on the Home screen with the name of the person who sent you the request.
2. Tap on the notification to open it.
3. The user will receive an option to 'Accept' or 'Ignore' the request.
4. Tap on 'Accept' the request will be accepted and this Platform contact/onship user will be added to your 'Contact' list in the onship app.
(Note: Once the user accepts it, your Platform Contact will be added to that person 'Contact' list who has sent you the request)
5. If you tap on 'Ignore', this contact will neither be added to your 'Contact' list in the onship app, nor your Platform contact will be added to that person's contact list who has sent you the request.